Friday, July 15, 2011

Sugar and Spice Circle Quilt


Another project I get to share with you today is my circle baby quilt.
Ein anderes Projekt, an dem ich einige Wochen gesessen habe, war mein Kreisquilt in Babygröße.

I made it with Lynne's QAL instructions and got it finished some weeks ago but never got around to posting about it.
Der Quilt ist mit Lynnes Quilt Alon
g Anleitung gemacht und obwohl ich ihn schon seit ein paar Wochen hier fertig liegen habe, habe ich es nicht geschafft, darüber zu bloggen.

I quilted this with just a few lines around the circles.
The fa
bric line is Sugar&Spice and I used up all of the scraps I had at that time. The back is white polka dots on red fabric which I love :)

Er ist nur mit ein paar konzentrischen Kreislinien gequiltet und ich liebe den Effekt. Die Rückseite ist aus einem knallroten Baumwollstoff mit weißen Punkten für den kleinen dramatischen Effekt :) Die Vorderseite ist mit Sugar&Spice gemacht, wobei ich dafür alle meine damaligen Reste verwertete.

Thanks for reading!
Dankeschön fürs Lesen,

Johanna

11 comments:

  1. The white borders around each part of the circle look amazing! Very nice colour combo (and a fabric line of course; like it myself).

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is absolutely stunning! You always have the best ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous!
    I love the colours you've used!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! that is absolutely amazing. what a lucky baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your designs!! So nice to see a post from you - missed you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really amazing--what an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm using the same fabric right now for a Merry Go Round quilt. Your circle quilt is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so in love with this! it is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is there a pattern for this circle quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sue, I can't reach you, so I am answering here:
    The pattern is from Lynne's quilt along, she provides wonderful instructions:
    http://lilysquilts.blogspot.com/2011/03/lilys-quilts-qal.html
    What I did different was the cutting of the dresden parts: Each one is made of little strips of fabric I had left and just sewed together. And then, instead of dirrectly assembling the dresdens I just put small strips of white fabric in between. I had to slightly make the dresdens smaller, else the top would have puckered but that's probably some minor worry :)
    Have fun sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh I just L-O-V-E this quilt! The colours are lovely and the design stunning! Thanks for sharing...
    Jay x The Sewing Wren

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
Dankeschön für Deinen Kommentar!