Saturday, April 20, 2013

Rainbow explosion and THE perfect pillow

I just realized I never showed this pillow on my blog.
I made it for the X-Factor Swap more then two months ago when I still had a bit of time. The theme of the round was scrappy squares and I decided that making the pillow out of squares of the same size would be too easy so I cut squares in two sizes.
Bonus: this way it is much more complicated to get the layout right then if all squares were the same size :)
Extra bonus: piecing is a huge pain and there really is no easy way out :)


After all votes were in, I was surprised and sooooo very happy to find out I won first place. Which meant I got the pillow that won second place :)
It came all the way over from the US and was made by Melissa. Thank you again Melissa, it truely is a beautiful pillow!


And while I am at sharing beautiful pillows, this one was custom made for me by Susanne. I'll never know how she could sew a pillow this perfect for me because we have never met in person; but the second I saw it, I knew it was mine! Aqua and orange with white, triangles, clear lines, paperpiecing and a little twist (see those little triangles at the bottom falling out?). It can't get any better!
Thank you Susanne!



I hope you are enjoying the weekend!
I so wish I could have gone to the quilters' meeting in Berlin this weekend but it just wasn't in the cards for me. Girls, I hope you are having fun!

Johanna

4 comments:

  1. Your Xfactor swap pillow is incredible! Congratulations on winning first place - you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you used two different size squares - well worth the effort! It makes the colours blend together so much more effectively than if the squares were all the same size. Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dein Kissen ist toll. Regnerischer Tag? Guck das Kissen an. :)
    Das Quilting auf dem Kissen von Melissa ist toll, das wäre mal was zum Ausprobieren.
    Schön, daß Du bei Swap-pen auch so viel Glück hattest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are all great pillows. Your pillow is totally the cat's meow! Wow! Looks tough to make! Congrats on taking first place!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!
Dankeschön für Deinen Kommentar!